Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme TEQIP Phase – III
The Project, Third phase of Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (referred to as TEQIP-III) is fully integrated with the Twelfth Five-year Plan objectives for Technical Education as a key component for improving the quality of Engineering Education in existing institutions with a special consideration for Low Income States and Special Category States and support to strengthen few affiliated technical universities to improve their policy, academic and management practices.
The Project will focus on the following objectives:
- (a) Improving quality and equity in engineering institutions in focus states viz. 7 Low Income States (LIS1 ), eight states in the North-East of India, three Hill states viz. Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Uttarakhand and Andaman and Nicobar Islands (a union territory (UT))
- (b) System-level initiatives to strengthen sector governance and performance which include widening the scope of Affiliating Technical Universities (ATUs) to improve their policy, academic and management practices towards affiliated institutions, and
- (c) Twinning Arrangements to Build Capacity and Improve Performance of institutions and ATUs participating in focus states.
Only the Government and Government aided AICTE approved Engineering institutions/Engineering faculty/Engineering Teaching Department/Constituent Institutions of Universities/Deemed to be Universities and new centrally funded institutions in SCS will be the part of the project. An estimated 200 Government and Government funded Engineering institutions including Affiliating Technical Universities (ATUs) will be selected under different sub-components in one or two cycles.
The project will be implemented in alignment with the 12th Five Year Plan (2012- 17), based on faster, sustainable, and inclusive growth. It emphasizes increasing the supply of highly-skilled workers to drive the economy, as well as helping low income states catch up with their more advanced neighbours. The Project will be implemented through the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) of the Government of India as a Central Sector Scheme (CSS), wherein 100% funds will be provided as grants to the States, Institutions& ATUs.
TEQIP III is fully integrated with the Twelfth Five-Year Plan objectives for Technical Education and MHRD, Govt of India as a key component for:
- 1. Improving the quality of Engineering Education in existing institution with a special consideration for low Income states and Special category states.
- 2. Support to strengthen few affiliated technical university to improve their policy, academic and management practices.
- 3. Twinning Arrangements to build capacity and improve performance of institution and ATUs participating in focus states.
- TEQIP-III: Quotation are invited for procurement of Equipment – Laptop – Last date for submission of Quotation : 1st March, 2018, 17:00 hours
- TEQIP-III: Quotation are invited for procurement of Equipment – Drilling Machine and Lathe Machine – Last date for submission of Quotation : 1st March, 2018, 17:00 hours
- TEQIP-III: Quotation are invited for procurement of Equipment – Computer Server & IOT kit – Last date for submission of Quotation : 19th February, 2018, 17:00 hours
- Quotation are invited for procurement of Equipment – Computer Desktops- Last date for submission of Quotation : 14th February, 2018, 17:00 hours
The activities that are carried out under TEQIP-III
1. Staff members were deputed for :
- a. One day workshop at Lucknow, UP on 3/8/17.
- b.Induction Programme on TEQIP-III at New Delhi on 24/8/17.
- c.Orientation Programme at Kanpur from 22/9/17.
The NIE is assigned the responsibility of twinning Rajkiya Engineering College, Banda, UP. A core committee of senior professors visited REC, Banda on 29/8/17. The committee studied the infrastructure availability and other administration and academic initiatives that are in practice.
- : 91-821-4004915
Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme TEQIP Phase – II
The Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP) of World bank and Government of India, has been conceived in pursuance of the NPE-1986 (revised in 1992). The Programme aims to upscale and support ongoing efforts of GOI to improve quality of Technical Education and enhance existing capacities of the institutions to become dynamic, demand-driven, quality conscious, efficient and forward looking , responsive to rapid economic and technological developments occurring both at national and international levels.
Objective of TEQIP Phase – II
- Strengthening Institutions to produce high quality engineers for better employability,- Scaling-up postgraduate education and demand-driven Research & Development and Innovation.
- Establishing Centers of Excellence for focused applicable research.
- Training of faculty for effective Teaching.
- Enhancing Institutional and System Management effectiveness.
The National Institute of Engineering, Mysore has been selected under this scheme and awarded with 12.5 crores, to carry out above activities for the next three years ( 2011-2014) .
The NIE is one among 18 institutions selected for this prestigious project in Karnataka.
The Details of Head of Institution / Coordinator / Project Nodal Officer for TEQIP Phase-II are as follows
Head & Nodal Officer Name Phone Number Mobile Number Fax Number E-mail Address Head of the Institution Dr. G.L.Shekar (0821) 2481220 / 4004999 – (0821) 2485802 firstname.lastname@example.org TEQIP Coordinator Dr.H.D.Phaneendra (0821) 4004909 9448092146 (0821) 2485802 email@example.com Project Nodal Officers for: Name Phone Number Mobile Number Fax Number E-mail Address Academic Activities Mr.M.S.Vijayakumar (0821) 4004901 9964785138 (0821) 2485802 firstname.lastname@example.org Civil Works including environment Management Dr.P.N.Chandramouli (0821) 4004903 9448773056 (0821) 2485802 email@example.com Procurement Sri K.B.Subramanya Kumar (0821) 4004930 9886649322 (0821) 2485802 firstname.lastname@example.org Financial Aspects Dr. H.N.Diwakar (0821) 4004902 9449126785 (0821) 2485802 email@example.com Equity Assurance Plan Implementation Dr. D.Mamta (0821) 2480996 9844724974 (0821) 2485802 firstname.lastname@example.org Category Names Mobile No Email id Educationist Sri.H.N Nagaraj
Chairman & Managing Trustee Institute of Education Trust (R)
# 5, Sahukar Channaiah Road Saraswathipuram, Mysore – 570009
email@example.com Industrialist Mr. Ashok Rao, B.E., M.Tech Chairperson
Managing Director, K G K Engineering
KGK, # 1467, 1st Main, Sanje Ravi Road, Kuvempunagar
Mysore – 570023
9449355964 firstname.lastname@example.org Professional Sri. N Ramanuja , Vice President, NIE Managing Committee
# 9, “Harideepa”, 1st Main, Yadavagiri
Mysore – 570020
9845895581 email@example.com Faculty of the
Dr. R.Gopalakrishna Urs, Prof. & Head, Dept. of Physics, NIE, Mysore 9845419434 firstname.lastname@example.org Faculty of the
Dr. H.D Phaneendra
Prof of Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering
9448092146 email@example.com Educationist or Industrialist Sri R.S.Rajkumar
Executive Vice President
Bosch-Rexroth (India) Ltd.,
# 96, 3rd Phase, Peenya, Industrial Area Bangalore – 58
9844127492 firstname.lastname@example.org UGC nominee Dr. G.Srinivas, Joint Secretary
South-Eastern Regional Office,
University Grants Commission APSFC Building, 4th floor, -5-9194 Chirag Ali Lane, Hyderabad – 500001
9490793185 email@example.com State Government nominee Director of Technical Education
Govt. of Karnataka, Tantrika Shikshana Bhavana
Palace Road, Bangalore – 560001
080 – 22200291 firstname.lastname@example.org University nominee Dr. K. Chidananda Gowda, Former Vice-Chancellor, Kuvempu University Former Principal, SJCE, Mysore 9449362977 email@example.com Principal of the Institution Dr. G.L.Shekar, Principal, NIE, Mysore 0821-2481220
firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proceedings of the Sixteenth Board of Governors’ Meeting held on November 5, 2016 at 11:00 AM in the Board Room.
- Proceedings of the Fifteenth Board of Governors’ Meeting held on July 23, 2016 at 11:00 AM in the Board Room
- TEQIP- II : Proceedings of the Fourteenth Board of Governors’ Meeting held on April 16, 2016 at 11:00 AM in the Board Room.
- TEQIP- II : Proceedings of the Thirteenth Board of Governors’ Meeting held on January 2, 2016 at 10:00 AM in the Board Room.
- TEQIP- II : Proceedings of the Twelth Board of Governors’ Meeting held on September 19, 2015 at 11:00 AM in the Board Room.
- Performance Audit report – TEQIP-II – Final Round
- Invitation for Quotation to procure equipment under TEQIP – II, Last date & time for submission of quotation-14th January 2016, 17:00 hours.
- TEQIP-II: Quotation invited for procurement of Equipment- Last date for submission of Quotation : 15th October 2015, 17:00 hours
- TEQIP-II : Pre-bid conference clarifications on desktop computers – NCB
- NATIONAL COMPETITIVE BIDDING FOR PROCUREMENT OF EQUIPMENT under TEQIP-II : LAST DATE FOR SALE OF BIDDING DOCUMENT: DATE 10.09.2015, TIME: 13:00 Hrs
- Re constituted Board of Governing Body ( BoG-TEQIP-II)
- REVISED / SUPPLEMENTARY INSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROPOSAL
- Governance Development Plan (GDP) with timeline
- TEQIP II Mentor Performance Data Auditors
- : 91-821-4004915