- NAIN ( New Age Incubation Network) – KBITS (Karnataka Biotechnology and Information Technology Services)
- NIE- Entrepreneurship Development Cell
- To organise Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes, Faculty Development Programmes and Skill Development Programmes in the institution.
- To initiate five innovative student projects each year for new innovative product development.
- To organize Business Plan Competitions every year.
- To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support system, information on technologies, etc.
- To arrange interaction with entrepreneurs and create a mentorship scheme for student entrepreneurs.
- To facilitate creation of entrepreneur’s club in each college to foster culture of entrepreneurship amongst students.
- To act as a Regional Information Centre on business opportunities, processes, technologies, market, etc by creating and maintaining relevant data base.
- Automation of subjective correction of vision
- Design and fabrication of a kit to supply LPG and bio-gas blend for domestic and industrial applications
- Development of refractory coatings for buildings
- Automatic hand brake system
- Development of bagasse ash as refractory material in cement and concrete
- Design and development of test rig to determine the thermal and oxidation stability of bio-diesel
- Development of masonry blocks manufactured by recycled brick power stabilized with cement and crumb rubber as an additive
- Design and fabrication of hybrid bicycle with variable momentum energy recovery and conversion system
- Arches in foundations for residential buildings
- A system and method for a cloud based virtual cooking platform and an automatic cooking device
- Wind energy conversion system for low wind speed operation using counter rotating generator and vertical axis wind turbine
- Replacement of femoral stem in total hip anthroplasty using a novel composite material
- Development of eco friendly aerobic-anaerobic bio digester for railways
- Development of portable container used to transport and store perishable vegetables, fruits in healthy condition
- Design and development of a bicycle with automatic and continuous variable transmission healthy condition.
In May 2010, Government of India under Ministry of Science and Technology has selected NIE for setting up IEDC with grant of Rs 48 lakhs. IEDC gives grants to five innovative student projects of Rs. one lakh each for five years. NIE signed National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN) membership in 2008 to train and develop entrepreneurs from NIE student community.
The main objectives of IEDC are:
IEDCs would also sensitise the management of the institutions regarding the importance of entrepreneurship and integrate their activities with the Host Institutions.
Dr. M. V. Achutha
Head, Innovation & Entrepreneurship Development Cell (IEDC)
The National Institute of Engineering,
Mysuru – 570 008