The Department of Master of Computer Applicatons, was started in the year 1997. The department offers Post Graduate courses in Master of Computer Application and M.Tech in Computer Network Engineering. The department has two Professors, two Assistant Professors and six Lecturers. The department has a policy of providing training and education related to industry trends and requirements in which a strong focus is given to student’s academic performance and overall personality development.The department takes utmost care to nurture the software skills in the budding software engineers by conducting various training programmes in high-end technologies with active assistance from its teaching staff.
MCA will be an outstanding department contributing significantly to teaching, research and consultancy, through well equipped laboratories and well trained staff to meet global challenges in the field of computer engineering & applications.
- Impart quality technical education and provide skills in Computer Application through best of practices.
- Produce graduates who can contribute professionally to the society and widely as IT professionals or entrepreneurs.
2. Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature and solve complex computing problems reaching substantiated conclusions using fundamental principles of Mathematics, Computing Sciences and relevant domain disciplines.
3. Design / Development of solutions: Design and evaluate solutions for complex computing problems and evaluate systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate considerations for public health and safety, cultural societal and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct Investigations of complex computing problems: Use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, adopt and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern computing tools to complex computing activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. Professional Ethics: Understand and commit to professional ethics and cyber regulations, responsibilities and norms of professional computing practice.
7. Life Long Learning: Recognize the need and have the ability to engage in independent learning for continual development as a Computing Professional.
8. Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the computing and management principles and apply these to once own work as a member and leader in a team to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
9. Communication Efficacy: Communicate effectively with the computing community and society at large about complex computing activities by being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and understand clear instructions.
10. Societal and environmental concern: Understand and assess societal, environmental, health safety, legal and cultural issues within local and global contexts and consequential responsibilities relevant to professional computing practice.
11. Individual and Team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams in multi-disciplinary environments.
12. Innovation and entrepreneurship: Identify a timely opportunity and using innovation to pursue that opportunity to create value and wealth for the betterment of the individual and society at large.
PEO1: Work productively as IT professional both at supportive and leadership roles.
PEO2: Advance Successfully in their chosen career path utilizing technical abilities, leadership qualities, communication and interpersonal skills with high regard to legal and ethical responsibilities.
PEO3: Build their profession adopting to the changes in the technology with lifelong learning.
PO1: Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, computer science and domain knowledge to solve problems in the computational world.
PO2: Ability to analyze real world/scientific problems and convert them to Computable algorithm..
PO3: Ability to evaluate, analyze and use available technological solutions to design and implement the same.
PO4: Ability to work with complex computing problem environment, use knowledge both technical and research to provide valid conclusions of experiments based on analysis and interpretation of data.
PO5:Ability to use/evaluate the various software tools and networking requirements for solutions.
PO6:Ability to adhere to the professional ethics, follow cyber rules and regulations and be a responsible citizen.
PO7:Ability to be a lifelong learner in the field of computer science.
PO8:Ability to demonstrate the knowledge and understanding hardware, software, networking and Finance requirements for the Society
PO9:Ability to communicate effectively with the fellow members and also with other uses of the computing community and society.
PO10:Ability to experience the industrial environment for understanding the impact of computational solutions in a global and societal context.
PO11:Ability to function effectively as an individual and also work collaboratively in a team.
PO12:Ability to become leaders, entrepreneurs, and provide solutions to complex problems in life.