Realizing the fact that Nanotechnology is one of the most exciting and emerging field that may lead to the greatest technological advances of the 21st Century and bring in myriad of industrial applications, NIE has set up CNT. The main objectives of CNT are:
- Create infrastructure for research on fundamental aspects of Nanotechnology to students and teachers of science and engineering and promote application-oriented R & D projects among students.
- Provide effective education and training to students, researchers and professionals as part of human resource development.
- Launch Post-graduate Diploma in Nanotechnology of one-year duration.
- Develop interdisciplinary culture for research in nano-scale science, engineering and technology.
- Share the sophisticated facilities with other scientists and researchers in the region.
- Forge linkages and achieve synergy between the educaional and research institutions and industry.
- Promote international collaborative research.
Dr.G. L. Shekar
Centre for Nanotechnology
The National Institute of Engineering,